10 days of blessings.
The first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah are the holiest days in the Islamic calendar. Make the most of them.Donate Now
Make a contribution where it really counts.
Our unique approach makes charitable giving affordable and rewardable, and allows you to transform lives in ways that cost you just a few pennies (or cents) each day.
Feed Our World
Go beyond a one-time gift, and help feed our world every month. Provide millions of life-saving, nutritious meals to families in need starting at $45 per month.Learn More
Provide Livestock to secure the financial futures of agricultural communities.Learn More
Our 2019 Qurbani campaign has ended. But prepare for 2020 when you can fulfill your Qurbani or Udhiyah with Penny Appeal USA or donate a livestock gift to support a family sustainably.Learn More
$45 Qurbani means that more people can fulfill this sacred ritual.
Everyone should be able to fulfill their Qurbani. That’s why we’ve made it easier to do so by negotiating with local farmers far in advance.Donate Now
Below you'll find some FAQs about our campaign. If you have any more questions, please feel free to chat with our team.
Why should I do my Qurbani with Penny Appeal USA?
For every $45 you donate, Penny Appeal USA will give your one-time qurbani of fresh meat to a needy family and ensure that they are enjoying their Eid Al-Adha.
What is the process like for the meat distribution?
Because delivering fresh meat on one occasion sustains these families for only a limited time, we are providing you with an opportunity to help assist them sustainably by providing them with resilient and durable livestock in the form of goats.
Goats: A sustainable option that keeps giving long after Eid al-Adha
Goats can be bred and sold to help families put food on the table, provide critical income during emergencies, and pay for children’s education. By helping families develop a herd, you are helping these families ensure their long-term economic stability and help create stronger communities.
For $190, your gift of two adult goats (male and female) can help sustain a family beyond qurbani season, and build a brighter, more economically-secure future for tomorrow.
What is Qurbani?
What are the days and times of Qurbani?
Who has to give Qurbani and when?
Qurbani is made every year on the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha.
Qurbani can be undertaken on behalf of another person. It is permissible to make Qurbani in the name of the Prophet PBUH or any other deceased Muslim.
Which animals can be sacrificed?
Can a sick or defected animal be offered as a sacrifice for Qurbani?
How is the sacrifice performed?
PA USA chooses Animals based on the Sunnah requirements:
- The animal should be chosen from healthy stock without any visible defect.
- Sheep and goats must be at least one year old and count as one share.
- Cattle must be at least two years old and count as 7 shares per animal.
- Camels must be at least five years old and count as 7 shares per animal.
- Animals should not be blinded, emaciated (sick), toothless or with broken limbs, preferably the ears and tail should be whole, but not a necessity.
What are the ethical requirements followed by Penny Appeal during the sacrifices?
- Sharpen the knife prior to putting the animal down for slaughter.
- Ensure that the correct size knife is used to slaughter the animal swiftly.
- Feed the animal, give the animal water and sooth the animal, show kindness and mercy to the animal.
- Ensure the area of slaughter is clean and clear of live animals.
- Make provision for Blood drainage, fly control and general cleanliness.
- Lead the animal to its slaughter humanely.
- Do not perform the slaughter process in front of other live animals.
- Maintain strict hygiene standards.
What is the method of the sacrifice?
- Making of the intention.
- It is preferable to make the throat of the animal face the Qibla (i.e. mustahab).
- Using a sharp knife swiftly cut the windpipe, the gullet and the two jugular veins, do not sever the entire head.
- Recite the name of God (tasmiyah), while slaughtering the animal (Preferably aloud).
- Skinning of the animal should only commence once the animal stops kicking.
- Keep meat and offal separate, clean and refrigerate as soon as possible.
Where is Penny Appeal performing the Qurbani sacrifices?
Our standard Qurbani price point is $45. These will be slaughtered in India (1 cow share) and Ethiopia (full goat). As well as distributing meat to locals in these two countries, we will also be distributing ready to eat meals by way of Food Pouches in Syria, Palestine and Pakistan. The meat from India and Ethiopia is being shipped to UAE, where it is cooked into curry meals and made into ready to eat meals with a life shelf of 1 year.
Can I choose which animal will be sacrificed for my Qurbani?
How is the distribution of the sacrifice handled?
- Islamicaly it is preferred that the meat be divided into three parts. One part for own use, one part for relatives and one part for the poor and needy (preferably Muslims). As we are conducting qurbani on your behalf, we distribute 100% of the meat to those in need.
- We do not give meat and skin as payment for services rendered BUT we do give it as a gift.
- The skins are distributed to those in need of it.
- Give such meat as you would yourself like to receive and eat.
- Ensure that meat is given to reputable organizations for distribution to the needy.
- We ensure there is no waste.
Who receives the Qurbani meat?
Can the Qurbani be made on behalf of another person?
Should I avoid anything in the 10 days before Eid Al-Adha?
What is the deadline for giving Qurbani?
How many people are fed with each Qurbani?
Can I pay for Qurbani with my Zakat or Sadaqah?
Will I get a receipt or report?
Is this donation tax-deductible?
Campaigns started by folks like you.
You can see some of the amazing work we're doing by following us on social media.